Ohio Child Brain Injury Lawyers Support Parents of Infants Injured by Medical Errors and Negligence
Planning for your child’s future begins today
Learning that your child has suffered a brain injury can leave you with plenty of questions, and far too few answers. How will your child be affected by the injury? How much will it cost to care for them? How will you find the money you need to provide the stability your child deserves? At The Eisen Law Firm, our Cleveland brain injury attorneys are committed to providing answers to all of your questions. Through aggressive representation, litigation, and negotiation we work hard to recover the compensation you need to provide a stable, quality life for your child.
The costs of care for a brain injury victim are exorbitant
According to the National Counsel on Disability, the costs of raising a child with a serious brain injury are nearly six times that of raising a child without a disability. The bulk of these expenses relate to:
- Initial treatment: Emergency medical care is costly in the United States – even a short hospital stay can costs thousands. Unfortunately, many brain injury victims require lengthy hospital stays and specialized attention from a wide range of medical professionals.
- Ongoing medical care: Brain injury victims require extensive ongoing medical care, physical therapy and medication. While insurance is likely to cover some portion of these expenses, the uncovered costs can quickly add up.
- Specialized equipment: From specialized wheelchairs to life support devices, the medical equipment needed to sustain brain injury victims is expensive. Purchasing, maintaining and upgrading the required equipment accounts for a large percentage of the costs of raising a brain injury victim. Such equipment often must be replaced, not only because it tends to wear out over time, but also because as your child grows the equipment must often “grow,” too.
- Educational services: The learning difficulties often experienced by brain injury victims have the potential to impact the individual’s life forever. Working through learning disabilities requires the guidance of trained professionals.
- Home accessibility: Renovating your home or purchasing a new home to provide an accessible living environment for your child can be costly. As your child grows, and their needs change, so too must your home.
All told, the costs of raising a child with a brain injury are extensive, making it important to carefully review your family’s financial options and plan. It is also important to consider all available avenues of support, both financial and emotional.
It is important to remember that you are never alone
Whatever the cause of your child’s brain injury, it is important to remember that you are not alone in your fight to provide a safe and happy life for your child. Many state and federal programs exist to provide support for your family. It is also important to remember that you may have legal options for pursuing financial compensation for the future costs of raising your child. Our Cleveland brain injury lawyers provide the guidance you need to hold negligent caregivers and medical providers accountable if their negligence leads to your child’s injuries. An $8,000,000.00 Settlement was reached after doctors failed to diagnosis fetal distress and the baby developed cerebral palsy .
Compassionate support from experienced Cleveland birth injury attorneys
The lawyers at The Eisen Law Firm offer compassionate but aggressive representation to the families of infant and child brain injury victims in Cleveland, Columbus, Toledo, Lorain, Akron, and throughout Ohio. We offer free initial consultations, so contact us today by phone at 216-687-0900 or online.