Cleveland Medical Malpractice Attorneys Help Victims Recover Full and Fair Compensation for All Types of Injuries Caused by Medical Negligence
Providing zealous advocacy and personalized representation for victims and families for nearly 40 years
Since 1976, the Cleveland medical malpractice attorneys at The Eisen Law Firm have devoted their time and extensive knowledge to helping the injured hold negligent healthcare providers accountable for their actions. Pursuing medical malpractice claims may seem like a daunting and insurmountable task, but our primary goal is to alleviate your burdens, help you successfully navigate the legal system, and achieve a positive resolution. We provide the legal resources and advice you need to make the best decisions for you and your family during a traumatic and stressful time.
Helping you understand common types of medical malpractice
Medical malpractice is an unfortunately common occurrence that affects millions of people each year. Recent studies indicate that medical negligence is the third leading cause of death in the United States, behind only cancer and heart disease. Medical malpractice encompasses a wide range of negligent actions and mistakes made by healthcare providers. Our exclusive practice focuses solely on medical malpractice cases and our attorneys are leaders in their field at handling claims involving:
- Surgical errors and mistakes – Surgical procedures, both major and minor, have the potential to lead to significant and long-term complications and even death if even one member of the surgical team makes a mistake. Common surgical malpractice cases involve:
- Errors in anesthesia administration
- Failure to communicate
- Lack of informed consent from the patient
- Operating on the wrong site
- Leaving surgical tools or supplies inside the patient’s body
- Puncturing organs, cutting incorrect muscles or tendons and causing nerve damage
- Inadequate post-operative follow up
- Premature hospital discharge
- Inadequate or overdosage of pain medications
- Labor and delivery negligence – Childbirth is a highly emotional experience comprised of several critical stages. Your healthcare team must monitor both you and your child throughout each stage of the process to promptly identify and treat potential complications. Delays in delivery or performing emergency C-Sections lead to traumatic health risks for both mother and baby. In addition, negligent delivery practices cause damaging birth injuries such as Erb’s Palsy, cerebral palsy, developmental delays, hypoxic ischemic encephalopathy, and asphyxia. Other mistakes may result in undiagnosed preeclampsia, eclampsia, or uterine rupture.
- Brain and spinal cord injuries – Traumatic brain and spinal cord injuries often lead to permanent health conditions that require intensive treatment and long-term care. Our attorneys help victims that have experienced injuries such as brain bleeds, concussions and paralysis caused by medical negligence. We’re your most powerful advocate when you need it most.
- Diagnosis and treatment errors – Failing to properly diagnose serious medical conditions in a timely manner is one of the most common types of malpractice that affects many people. Doctors and nurses treat many patients at one time and often fail to identify warning signs and symptoms of life-threatening situations. Time sensitive events such as heart attacks, stroke (or “brain attack”), cancer diagnoses and aortic aneurysms require prompt action and treatment.
- Wrongful death – A healthcare provider’s negligence that results in the death of the patient is a particularly traumatic experience. We work hard to help the victim’s family members and dependents get the justice and restitution they deserve.
Don’t wait until it’s too late to seek advice about your medical malpractice concerns. There are strict statutes of limitation in place that may prevent you from filing a claim if you wait too long after an injury occurs. Our Cleveland medical malpractice attorneys are ready to investigate your claims and pursue the strongest course of action possible to get you the compensation you need and deserve.
Turn to Cleveland’s top medical malpractice attorneys for tenacious advocacy and sharp litigation skills
Medical malpractice claims require a high level of skill and attention to detail. Our Cleveland medical negligence attorneys at The Eisen Law Firm have decades of experience handling complex malpractice cases and securing maximum compensation for victims and their families. To discuss your case during a free initial consultation, send us an email or call 216-687-0900 to schedule an appointment. We serve clients in Toledo, Lorain, Columbus, Cleveland, Akron and throughout Ohio.
Schedule a free initial consultation with an experienced medical malpractice attorney in Cleveland to discuss the improper treatment of an aneurysm you or a loved one suffered
Our sympathies go out to the loved ones that suffer through the aftermath of suddenly losing a loved one from an aneurysm. It is even harder for families to learn that their loved one did not have to die were it not for the negligence of the physician or hospital they trusted. The Eisen Law Firm personal injury attorneys uncover the truth about whether medical malpractice occurred. We fight to recover compensation for victims and families. Call us today at 216-687-0900 or to schedule a free consultation.