Cleveland Medical Malpractice Attorneys Passionately Helping Injured Victims and Families Recover Compensation
Attorneys committed to protecting those devastated by medical malpractice
The team of attorneys at The Eisen Law Firm in Cleveland has been solely committed to recovering justice for victims of medical malpractice since the firm was founded in 1976. In that time, we have successfully helped thousands of victims recover the compensation, justice and closure they deserve. Our success has been built on the principle that every client deserves our personal attention and skillful counsel. We are here for you every step of the way through the medical malpractice lawsuit process.
What is medical malpractice?
The term “medical malpractice” is in some ways misleading. It sounds a bit ominous, and it makes people (including jurors and prospective jurors) think that a doctor must do something really, really bad to held accountable. The truth, however, is that medical malpractice really is just negligence by a medical professional. Just as a driver can be held responsible for not using reasonable care while driving a car, a doctor or hospital can be held responsible for not using reasonable care while treating a patient. Showing a jury that a physician didn’t act reasonably is much more difficult than showing someone violated a traffic rule, and it takes a qualified medical expert to do so, but the concept is really the same. Our Cleveland medical malpractice attorneys can help you file a lawsuit whenever a medical professional’s conduct leads to serious injury or death. The statute of limitations (or deadline) for medical malpractice claims in Ohio can be as short as one year from the date of injury, so it is important to find the right attorney as soon as possible.
Common injuries caused by medical negligence
Our Cleveland medical malpractice attorneys have seen it all when it comes to medical malpractice claims over nearly 40 years of providing legal representation. Through our experience, we have been able to narrow our thousands of cases down to just a few broad categories of medical malpractice claims, including
- Birth injuries — Labor, delivery, and the first few moments of life are critical. At these times, doctors and nurses can make mistakes that cause birth injuries to your child and change their future forever, including cerebral palsy, neonatal stroke, or
- Brain and spinal cord injuries — Damage to your brain and nervous system is often irreversible and requires a lifetime of ongoing care and medical needs. Traumatic brain injuries, paralysis and brain bleeds are some of the most serious brain and spinal cord injuries. Our Ohio medical malpractice attorneys fight to recover compensation to cover your past and future rehabilitation costs. We tirelessly litigate on your behalf when you suffer a brain or spinal cord injury at the hands of your doctor.
- Surgical and hospital mistakes — It is alarming how many people die each year from surgical and hospital mistakes. From anesthesia mistakes and medication mistakes to emergency room errors, it is estimated that nearly 500,000 people die each year from preventable hospital mistakes. Whether your loved one passed away or you suffered an injury from a preventable hospital error, you deserve to be fully compensated.
- Diagnosis and treatment errors — Misdiagnosis is a serious mistake that occurs all too often simply because doctors get complacent and become inattentive to their patients. Diagnosis and treatment errors are particularly dangerous when patients have a life-threatening event or illness, such as heart attack, abdominal aortic aneurysm or undiagnosed cancer, where time is of the essence.
- Wrongful death — The death of a patient due to the medical negligence or recklessness of the doctor they trusted is devastating. A wrongful death lawsuit can be brought when a doctor’s errors in treatment lead to a patient’s death.
Why you need an experienced Ohio medical malpractice attorney
Medical malpractice lawsuits are the most difficult type of personal injury lawsuit for a plaintiff to win. Success often hinges on attorneys that are highly skilled and experienced in the ability to uncover minute details and craft superlative case strategies. Our Cleveland medical malpractice attorneys interpret lengthy, complex medical histories and work together on every case to ensure that you receive the best legal representation possible. Our firm is committed to every client because everyone deserves justice after suffering a serious, preventable injury.
Contact our experienced Cleveland medical malpractice attorneys today for a free initial consultation
If you or someone you love has been injured due to medical negligence, contact the medical malpractice attorneys at The Eisen Law Firm today to discuss your rights. We uncover the truth and aggressively litigate on your behalf to recover the financial compensation you deserve. Schedule your free initial consultation by calling us at 216-687-0900 or contact us online. Helping victims of medical malpractice in Cleveland, Lorain, Columbus, Toledo, Akron and throughout Ohio for almost 40 years.